Monday, May 7, 2012

A Letter

Dear Asher,

First, let me say I'm very happy for you and all the progress you're making. No one can deny that you're a fighter. You're cute, charming, and an inspiration to hundreds of people. Everyone's pulling for you, including me (just don't tell my boss).

However, I must say that you're making my job quite difficult. Your consistent, daily progress, giving nothing but hope to those around you, makes it very hard for me to argue my case. For example: who would believe that there is reason for pessimism when, just this morning, you drank FROM A BOTTLE nearly two days ahead of schedule.

I don't think I'm asking for much, only that people consider all sides of the argument. Even if you don't regress, just slow down a bit. Take a break. You've earned it. Plus, it just might save my job.

Regards,
The Devil's Advocate

4 comments:

  1. yaaayyy!!drinking from a bottle, suck it devils advocate, youve got nothing on this kid!! love to you all- Asher you are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Devil's Advocate: Master Asher is busy right now, continuing to make progress. Although he wants you to have a job, especially in this miserable economy, he also wants you to know that he will continue working at his job which is getting to go home with his awesome parents. He has no intentions of slowing down. And by the way, Master Asher says you can't fool him. He's knows who you are. You and he go 'way back, you lil' devil you.

    Regards,
    Harvil Hungadinger
    (from the famous law office of Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps the Devil's Advocate would have a better career in politics. There's always room there, and it's a big growth industry for slime-baggery. Then he can continue to cheer on little Asher. :D
    Such a cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post... yup... Asher is way too good at providing hope. Reallllllly hoping for a better meeting this time but understand your trepidation. Asher has made a lot of progress since the last meeting... drinking from a bottle of his mama's milk like a big boy!! Love him and all 3 of you.

    ReplyDelete